Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Healthy Banana Ice-Cream

The last few weeks for me have been less about counting calories and more about eating 'clean'. After doing heaps of reading on this amazing blog The Wellness Warrior, and vicariously gaining access to all the clean recipes for the Ashy Bines Bikini Challenge through a friend, it has been interesting trying different foods and different ways of eating. The Wellness Warrior e-book has taught me so much about what is and isn't good for your body, and since then I have been trying to eat as little processed food as possible and organic for the majority of the week. Obviously my lifestyle and love for food is never going to allow me to become a full on 'clean' eater but I am making an attempt to make it a part of my diet.

I have tried a similar ice-cream to this one before and was already amazed by it, but Ashy's idea to put natural peanut butter and cinnamon in it is genius! Whilst this ice-cream may seem too good to be true, it actually tastes wonderfully and really naughty! So much so that Craig eats it no questions asked. It is the perfect thing to tide your sweet cravings over when you are trying to be good.

Healthy Banana Ice-cream


1. Freeze your banana's. I use one banana per person, chopped up. This can be done overnight, or four hours ahead has them frozen enough.
2. Place banana's in a food processer or blender, or alternatively you can use a bar mix. Add 1/2 tablespoon of natural peanut butter (I use crunchy) per banana, and one teaspoon of cinnamon per banana. I also add about a tablespoon of light cream or soy milk to loosen the mixture and help it mix better. Process until soft serve consistency.
3. I usually put the ice-cream back into the freezer for half an hour to firm up again, but it can be eaten straight away. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and serve! Yummo!
4. If you want to make this healthy treat a little more naughty, add a snack size Flake to the mix, or a teaspoon of powdered chocolate, or an oreo biscuit. Considering the main ingredient is banana, it is still relatively healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)